Join us and our Downtown club co-hosts to hear the candidates for Civil Court Judge. DID members will convene afterwards to discuss and endorse candidates for the following positions:
- Civil Court County-wide - two open seats
- Civil Court Judicial District 2 - two open seats
DID members please RSVP separately for the endorsement meeting that will immediately follow this forum. That meeting is also on the DID Events page.
On February 8, 2021, the New York County Independent Judicial Screening Panel for Civil Court Judge reported the following candidates as most highly qualified and have been invited to our forum:
Candidates for Civil Court Judge County-wide
- Harold Bahr
- E. Deronn Bowen
- Kim Parker - VID Candidate Questionnaire; Personal Statement; Resume
- Jeffrey Zellan - VID Candidate Questionnaire; Resume; Decisions of Interest
Candidates for Civil Court Judicial District 2
- Christopher Chin - VID Candidate Questionnaire
- Edward Irizarry - VID Candidate Questionnaire
- Betty Lugo
- Terence McCormick
- George Santana - VID Candidate Questionnaire; Resume
Candidates for Other Seats:
- Judge Paul Goetz - for reelection
- Hasa Kingo - Civil Court District 5
Clubs co-hosting this forum with us are: CODA; Grand Street Democrats; and New Downtown Democrats.
Participants will generally be on mute. "Raise your hand" in the Zoom app to ask questions or enter them in the Chat section. Please keep questions and comments brief. We'll do our best to recognize as many people as possible.
RSVP below to receive Zoom details.
Look for email response with Subject: DID RSVP Confirmation & Zoom Details for Downtown Civil Court Forum