The DID Constitution requires the President, on receipt of six (6) petitions to rescind a club endorsement, to call a membership meeting to vote on such a petition. The meeting must be called with no less than seven (7) days notice.
We have received six petitions requesting debate and vote on rescinding the club endorsement of Dianne Morales for Mayor. The meeting will be limited to one hour.
The DID Executive Committee has determined that because voting has already begun, should membership choose to rescind our endorsement for Ms. Morales, DID will not endorse for Mayor this election.
A majority vote by voting-eligible members present at the meeting will determine whether we rescind or not.
The meeting will be conducted as follows:
- President will provide background and considerations.
- A speakers list will be created separating speakers for and against rescinding.
- 40 minutes will be allotted for debate.
- Each speaker will have 90 seconds (time may be shortened if the speakers list would take us beyond the allotted 40 minutes.)
- Speakers will alternate between positions. If there are no more speakers for a given position, the remaining speakers will continue in order.
- If there is time remaining in the allotted debate time, we will accept repeat speakers for 1 minute each, should any wish to speak again, up to the 40 minute allotted debate time.
- The voting will be initiated through OpaVote, allowing 10 minutes for people to receive and complete the vote
- We will announce the results and adjourn.
We remain energized to support our endorsed candidates, work on our judiciary, and move our resolutions forward! Please come prepared to engage, volunteer, have some fun, and help in these areas however you can.
As always, our General Membership Meetings are open to all. Come join us and bring a friend!
Participants will generally be on mute. "Raise your hand" in the Zoom app to ask questions or enter them in the Chat section. Please keep questions and comments brief. We'll do our best to recognize as many people as possible.
RSVP below to receive Zoom details.
Look for email response with Subject: DID RSVP Confirmation & Zoom Details for General Membership Meeting